Integrative Pediatric Health Care, LLC
Holistic Nurse Practitioners & Pediatric Nurse Practitioners located in Denver, CO
Located in Denver, CO, 80113, Integrative Pediatric Health Care offers a holistic approach to promoting and managing the health of children from Denver, Littleton, Cherry Hills Village, Highlands Ranch, and Aurora areas at the comfortable, welcoming clinic in Denver, CO. Families have access to a wide variety of services for children including holistic treatment plans for illness, minor injuries, asthma, disease prevention and management, access to vaccinations, and well-child visits.
The practice is owned and operated by nurse practitioners with extensive experience and training in caring for the whole child, instead of only considering a particular ailment or need. Mary Enzman-Hines and Jennifer Gaughan have combined experience of over 50 years in pediatric health care. Mary, Jennifer, and their team of dedicated and passionate nurse practitioners can provide you and your child with the care and treatment needed, in both sickness and in health. Some of the reasons to choose Integrative Pediatric Health Care include:
- Expertise in caring for children whether they are ill or well
- Can write prescriptions for the majority of a child’s needs
- Can diagnose and treat acute and chronic conditions
- Can order and interpret lab results and diagnostic imaging
- Offer same day sick appointments
Looking for an alternative to your pediatrician? The nurse practitioners will work with families to develop and maintain the health and wellbeing of their children. They take an integrative approach which focuses on healing and treating the whole child. The principles of integrative care include:
Both patient and practitioner work together throughout the healing process.
All aspects which affect health, wellness, and illness are taken into account including mind, body, spirit, and community.
All healing sciences which can facilitate the body’s inherent healing response are used.
Effective treatments which are natural and less invasive will be used whenever conceivable.
Good medicine is based on science, inquiry driven, and open to new ideas.
Health advancement and the prevention of disease and sickness are of the utmost importance.
Customized care is the best way to address the individual’s personal conditions, needs, and situations. Understanding the unique needs of each person will ensure that the cause of the problem is determined and treated effectively.
Integrative Pediatric Health Care welcomes new patients and accepts most major forms of insurance. Mary, Jennifer, and their staff are looking forward to beginning meaningful and long-term relationships with children and their families.
Well Child Care
Sick Child Care
Preventative Health Management
Minor Injury Care
Special Care Needs
Behavioral Health Visits
The Importance of Routine Physicals for Children
The gifted nurse practitioners at Integrative Pediatrics provide physical services to families from in and around Englewood, Denver, Cherry Hills Village, and Greenwood Village, Colorado. Regular sports or camp physicals are a chance for our pediatric nurse practitioners (PNP) to discuss important health issues with children and their parents or guardians. Also known as pre-participation exam (PPE) these exams are designed to determine whether a child:
- can participate in an activity without limitation
- can participate but should have certain restrictions due to an existing health condition
- should not participate
Specific requirements vary, but during a sports or school physical we will:
- Review your child’s medical history looking for items that might place them at an increased risk of injury associated with participation and develop an appropriate treatment plan
- Review the family medical history looking at patterns of illness in the family as an indicator of any potential conditions the child may have.
- Assess and review prior injuries for adequate healing and function
- Conduct a physical examination including an evaluation of height / weight, posture, joints, strength, and flexibility.
- Make recommendations on healthy lifestyle choices and discuss safety equipment, such as helmet or mouth guard, to reduce the risk of serious injury associated with participation
- Offer training tips such as stretching or strengthening activities, nutrition and supplement use
- Review your child’s immunizations
- Complete forms needed for sports or school participation (forms to be provided by parent/guardian)
If a problem is uncovered we will work with you to determine the best course of treatment, further diagnostic evaluation that might be indicated or referral to a specialist. It is very unlikely that you’ll be disqualified from playing sports. The ultimate goal of the sports physical is to ensure safe participation in sports, not to disqualify the participants. Most of the time, a specialist won’t find anything serious enough to prevent you from playing your sport. In fact, fewer than 1% of students have conditions that might limit sports participation, and most of these conditions are known before the PPE takes place.
Sports, school, and camp physicals are available for patients who are 21 years of age and younger. Many states require these exams once a year or before participating in any physical activity at a school, camp or community organization. Tired of waiting at your pediatrician’s office? Our online appointment scheduling simplifies the scheduling process and our staff of experienced pediatric nurse practitioners can ensure the safest possible summer / sports experience for your child.